Thursday 30 June 2016


I managed to go to Liverpool today. Turns out this former Country Mouse defected into the city-side and became a City Mouse... Who knew? Apparently living quite contentedly in London for nearly 13 years changes you a lot. Or, perhaps, I just realised I knew where I belonged.

It was hard: since coming back I have struggled immensely. I have not been out very far. It's been 7 months and this is the furthest I've been. It was Mam’s idea to help me regain a little bit of City Life... I did not realise how much I missed it and loved it until I was there. I thought I'd struggle to make it there an hour, but was out for nearly 6 before even going home. I managed to do some pushing myself in my chair – in the main, the place is pretty acceptable wheelchair-accessible, sometimes even friendly. I felt home right away, and I thrived being back somewhere so drastically familiar to me. I even coped with difficult things that otherwise would have got the better of me. I felt different, more at home, comfortable, more like Home...

I went to many places, mainly surrounding the (newish) L1 centre (which has the worst Csr Park) with the penultimate and main one being Lush. I enjoyed being back in there. I got what I needed and stopped there, before I bought everything else that I (simply) wanted. After that I returned to Debenhams and achieved to get my hands on (jet) black eyeshadow – by Urban Decay in the end. Genuinely, there are almost no singular eyeshadow puts a sickbed outside boutique counters... So I was forced to go to them to find something. However it's not like I can argue about obtaining a lovely high-quality eyeshadow in lovely packaging...

I also got a pair of (kind–of) “celebration” gifts for going out there (see below) from Mam. 

Unfortunately, we also left later than expected and forgot to bring my meds. I was effectively 2 1/2 house overdue by the time we came home, but from about 7:10(pm) I became more and more in agony until I was half passed out from the extent of the agony, especially the one around my back and chest. I barely got into the house when we arrived. I was out of it in pain and I was given probably at least 3 shots before I felt better.

Now, despite utter exhaustion I'm only now feeling absolute tiredness. It's only 3:95😋 am.






Token gifts from Liverpool to celebrate this occasion: A High Elf Pop Vinyl from Game (store) and a pre-owned copy of a game I played with Paris many years ago – Eternal Sonata, also from Game.







No comments:

Post a Comment