Tuesday 24 January 2012

Nocturnal Hyper-(Brain)-Activity

Wide awake with ideas at 2:30am. I hate it, how my brain starts rattling around when it's supposed to be sleeping. The moment I know I'm supposed to be settling down to sleep, it's like the motor suddenly gets turned on in my head and it starts rumbling to life.

I always get more ideas for writing - whether it's books or music. Currently it's books - I'm going through characterisation and the driving point of the "Glass Bubble" (formally "Star Attraction") effort. I still can't work out if I know the reason for the book - for the story to be told. Hopefully that will come, eventually. But the main girl - my Lisa - is starting to form as a clear picture in my head now. It's the first time thats really happened with her, and I'm going that's a good sign of progress.

I'd like to be able to do the same for My girl in Rumour In The Truth. I think Rachel has potential - but she definitely needs to be more "real" in my head. She's barely an idea right now, even though I've written a (not do great) book for her. But she's a but list in there - I'll have to revisit her when I've got to know her better.

I hope I'll manage to go to sleep soon tonight, but I fear I won't. It's like I'm afraid I'm going to miss something in my head - or forget an important thought or good idea. I've put a few in my BlackBerry memo pad already.

2:45am - finally feeling sleepy.

Here's hoping...


No comments:

Post a Comment