Tuesday 4 October 2011

Silver Lining?

Dear Nobody,

Well I got the shock of my life when I looked in the mirror today and saw that where my roots were growing out I had at least 50% grey there instead of brown. Now, I've had greying hair since my early 20s - but I didn't imagine I'd have over 50% grey at age just 30 (and a half). It looks like someone's dumped a bag of flower on my head.
I hate the fact that my hair is (very) prematurely ageing. I do not like the fact my roots are no longer really brown. The Other-Half says I look like a squirrel cross-breed - half red, half grey... Which I'm not impressed with, no matter how cute and sweet that sounds! It means my hair follicles are old and broken and I'm not exactly happy about it!
However I am trying to find the silver lining in the middle of the grey. I'm hoping the wiry, harsh, Brillo Pad-esque hair now coming out. I'm hoping that it will make my hair dye take better and come out more and more bright at it covers more grey than brown... it says on the box that it's not recommended for grey hair because it ends up extremely vibrant - and I say Bring It On! The dye and conditioners will also hopefully soften them some more too, because the ones at the roots seem quite harsh and wiry.
Tomorrow the grey will be combatted and attacked with my favourite dye - Superdrug (own brand) Intense Hot Red - it's great stuff! I love the colour, and hopefully, given there's so much grey, the roots will come out quote bright and have a great vibrant red colour.
And I won't look like I have a bag of flour poured on my head, either.



From
Me x

No comments:

Post a Comment